Effective: June 1, 2016
Information That Identifies You
We rely on the information you provide to us as you register, contact us, participate in surveys, post comments to public areas of and interact with digital properties and assets, respond to email campaigns, or attend face to face events.
Once you have registered with us, we will create a profile for you. We will add information about how you interact with our offerings for example, your registrations or subscriptions, the events you attend, the content you access and the like. We may also add information to your profile from external sources.
We may work to expand our communities by acquiring names and contact details from other sources that have compiled contact information. This information might be public information or data you provided to others with necessary permissions. We may also invite you to join our communities via third party social and professional networking sites.
Automatic Data Collection Technologies
How We Use Information That Identifies You
We use information about you:
• to provide the information you request and to manage your account with us.
• to deliver or display content that matches your professional interests and responsibilities.
• to contact you with information about and invitations for products and services directed to your professional interests and responsibilities.
• for any other purpose that we tell you about when you give us the information.
You have choices about:
Receiving email marketing messages from us.
You may opt out of our email marketing lists by following the directions at the bottom of our promotional emails.
Making information you provide public.
• We offer web sites that allow you to publish content. Many of these sites require that you register if you wish to do so. We will publish the user name you provide at registration when you comment. Some sites allow you to create a public profile as well.
• In addition, we may create online membership communities that allow you to create and publish your profile and other information. These communities may provide privacy controls which allow you to choose how much of your profile and other information to make public or to share with others within the community. As a professional, you remain responsible for locating the privacy controls (usually available on the page from which you can edit your profile), understanding how those controls, including default settings, work and protecting the information you provide.
More Information About Cookies
We place cookies that identify you, or allow third parties to do so on our behalf, for the following purposes:
• to understand your interests in content, both our own content and that of other companies, on or across our web sites.
• to make an automated record of your interests within a digital property.
• to manage and follow up on email campaigns.
You may use the tools in your browser to decline, disable, or delete any cookies.
Disclosure of Information About You
We reserve the right to disclose or transfer information about you to third parties in certain circumstances: to vendors that work on our behalf, to law enforcement or other entities that present valid legal process, to protect human safety or our networks or property, or as part of a sale or our merger of business assets.
Other Important Information
How to Contact Us